[theora-dev] Next step of Hardware Theora

Leonardo de Paula Rosa Piga lpiga at terra.com.br
Wed May 9 18:47:30 PDT 2007

I agree. It was exactly what we are thinking to do.

I'm thinking in integrating a video controller after the
ReconRefFrames module. In this manner the decoded output buffer
wouldn't return to the software saving a lot of clock cycles.

I'm studying the video controller implemented by the students.from UFCG.
As Portavales already said, they have done a MPG4 implementation and
could help me.

On 5/9/07, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 03:06:21PM -0700, Felipe Portavales Goldstein wrote:
>
> > 1 - Integration with a processor (Leon)
> > 2 - To do a video controller. (Leonardo will do it)
> > 3 - To do a SDRAM controller.
> > 4 - Future works:
> >     - To finish the ReconRefFrames and to do other function that is before
> >     - To put the current Hardware Theora of old for new VP3 codebase.
>
> Thanks for adding your analysis. It is great to see so many people
> involved in this project!
>
> André, to me it sounds like (1) and integrating Leonardo's work on the
> video controller should be your primary goals for the SoC term, with (3)
> and (4) as secondary goals, time permitting. Coordinating work with
> other people and having a few things to work on for the future are both
> important development skills. :)
>
> Derf, what do you think?
>
>  -r

Leonardo de Paula Rosa Piga
Undergraduate Computer Engineering Student
LSC - IC - UNICAMP
http://www.students.ic.unicamp.br/~ra033956