[theora-dev] Next step of Hardware Theora

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed May 9 15:10:51 PDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 03:06:21PM -0700, Felipe Portavales Goldstein wrote:

> 1 - Integration with a processor (Leon)
> 2 - To do a video controller. (Leonardo will do it)
> 3 - To do a SDRAM controller.
> 4 - Future works:
>     - To finish the ReconRefFrames and to do other function that is before
>     - To put the current Hardware Theora of old for new VP3 codebase.

Thanks for adding your analysis. It is great to see so many people
involved in this project!

André, to me it sounds like (1) and integrating Leonardo's work on the
video controller should be your primary goals for the SoC term, with (3)
and (4) as secondary goals, time permitting. Coordinating work with
other people and having a few things to work on for the future are both
important development skills. :)

Derf, what do you think?