[Theora-dev] FPGA implementation/ players speed?

Andrey Filippov theora at elphel.com
Tue Mar 8 17:55:21 PST 2005

Today I've got first video clips made by the camera and compressed "on the
fly" - 1280x1024x30fps. Image quality is far from perfect - I don't have
yet any way to preview images, and a single acquisition still requires a
bunch of commands. So I'm really close to have a camera that will be able
to serve the Ogg/Theora streams, now but will it be possible to play it on
a PC? I could not do that on my :-(

OK, so here are the links to 3 nearly identical samples (4.6MB each) - the
difference is just in the header so the first one is "slow motion" - 1/5
of the original speed.

What kind of hardware/software do I need to be able to view the last one
without dropouts?

1/5 speed ( 6fps) http://www.elphel.com/downloads/aaa78_06.ogg
1/2 speed (15fps) http://www.elphel.com/downloads/aaa78_15.ogg
full speed (30fps) http://www.elphel.com/downloads/aaa78_30.ogg

In each clip the first frame is INTRA, all the rest - INTER_NOMV

Andrey