[theora-dev] theora.org website proposal

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Feb 23 05:58:11 PST 2004

Arc Riley wrote:
> We now have (atleast) 4 media players which support Theora.  mplayer,
> xine, helix, and videolan.  I think it's time to post links to these,
> along with various limitations (ie, inability to play chained bitstreams
> or inability to compile with current cvs), to theora.org.  It'll give
> site visitors something to come back to check.

It would be better to finally leave the eternal alpha state and achieve
bitstream freeze before this, don't you think? IMO holding this because
of the formal spec is hurting Theora for more than one year. No one
could finish the python spec, and no one wants to work on the HTML one.
Is it sensible to insist on holding beta status and bitstream freeze for
this?

Regards,
Mauricio