[theora-dev] theora.org website proposal

Arc Riley arc at xiph.org
Sun Feb 22 22:33:55 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 01:26:57AM -0500, Daniel Holth wrote:
> Everyone might be interested in knowing that videolan's cvs tree,
> combined with the excruciatingly simple patch attatched, is capable of
> playing back chained ogg/theora+vorbis streams.  (encoded with example
> cvs).  For example, icecast video.

Ok here it comes...

We now have (atleast) 4 media players which support Theora.  mplayer,
xine, helix, and videolan.  I think it's time to post links to these,
along with various limitations (ie, inability to play chained bitstreams
or inability to compile with current cvs), to theora.org.  It'll give
site visitors something to come back to check.