[theora-dev] one-line fix reduces distortion

Arc Riley arc at xiph.org
Sun Feb 8 14:27:30 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 05:21:18PM -0500, Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:

> I am intentionally not subscribed to this list. I get enough mail as it
> is. What little I have had time for the past few months hasn't involved
> the encoder in Xiph's CVS anyway.

Setup procmail to sort it into seperate filters.  Makes it easy to find
changes.

> Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant by "previous"... i.e. the one
> right before this current patch which fixed the bug. In that patch you
> yourself deleted the line that reset it, for whatever reason, and the
> rest of us didn't catch it. Go check the CVS history.

Ouch.  I'm an idiot. :-)  Tho in my own defense I was changing thousands
of lines, and did test the changes, tho at the time I hadn't seen enough
VP3/Theora encoded video to notice the sudden drop in quality.

So this explains why the quality has improved so much post-patch :-)