[theora-dev] one-line fix reduces distortion

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at vt.edu
Sun Feb 8 14:21:18 PST 2004

> You should subscribe to the CVS list.  It contains diffs for every CVS

I am intentionally not subscribed to this list. I get enough mail as it
is. What little I have had time for the past few months hasn't involved
the encoder in Xiph's CVS anyway.

> commit.  I looked over the related code for a few hours and, as far as I
> could tell, this was a mistake.  In the sorting routine which it is part
> of why is the previous value not reset?

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant by "previous"... i.e. the one
right before this current patch which fixed the bug. In that patch you
yourself deleted the line that reset it, for whatever reason, and the
rest of us didn't catch it. Go check the CVS history.