[Theora-dev] theora playlist extension

j at thing.net j at thing.net
Mon Aug 23 16:57:23 PDT 2004

> Nice twist on the file extension issue. :)
i had to do it at some point...

> I would have just kept using .m3u or .spls, I think, though you have a
> better point with the mime time for both of those being audio/
>
> If you go with .mxu, I'd suggest video/vnd.mediaurl instead; no reason
> to pretend it's mpeg-specific. Or the more traditional video/x-mediaurl.
on debian i get for some time now:
$ grep mxu /etc/mime.types
video/vnd.mpegurl                               mxu

its ok to add a mimetype video/x-mediaurl, it just will not be .mxu

> What about mixed playlists then?
duno, thats video with black parts?
my interest is primarily in launching a player with a link,
not playlists as such. its just that for historic reasons the two are
the same for audio.
the ogg stream itself could be chained switching from audio only, video
only to audio and video and back.