[theora-dev] Alpha port for Windows (binaries + source)

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Thu Oct 31 14:42:02 PST 2002

I just posted these packages including source and VisualC++ projects to our
web server.

Binaries only:
http://www.tabuleiro.com/mauricio/theorawin.zip

Source:
http://www.tabuleiro.com/mauricio/theorawin_src.zip

Remember this is port of the alpha release, with all the caveats already
mentioned in this list.

Please read the theorawin_src_readme.txt file included in the package for
instructions on where to unpack, directory structures and requirements.

The player sample is included at directory theora/examples/splayer . It uses
SDL for video and
the PortAudio library for audio and synchronization. This should provide a
cross-platform solution, since PortAudio is easily linked on Linux and Mac
and the splayer code included does not use platform specific bits. If anyone
wants to make a Linux makefile and test please let me know.

The included project and binaries use the old Windows WAVE OUT device, but
it should be easy to modify it to link against DirectSound (see PortAudio
instructions). WAVE OUT introduces more latency, as you know.

I did not get an answer from xiph regarding the patches I submitted last
week. Do you guys need help from outside developers or is it too early for
this? For me it is ok to maintain my own tree for my projects, but I would
prefer to collaborate with the main tree if possible.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini
Tabuleiro