[theora-dev] More introductions

Tabuleiro beta at tabuleiro.com
Wed Jul 17 15:16:32 PDT 2002

Hi, guys. I was working with the VP3 code, planning to integrate it with Ogg
for a self-contained solution for video playback, platform independant, no
installation required, no QT, no AVI runtimes. My main interest is CD-based
work using local files and portability/performance, not really into
streaming or anything fancy (network error correction, prediction, etc.) Not
sure if Theora will cater for my needs or if I should continue with my
current development plans... Or even consider licensing something from On2
(we evaluated Bink at a time, but it has some compatibility issues.) Any
thoughts? Dan?
Count me in if you need help with tools for this project, I have some
experience in software development for Windows/Mac/MacOSX (no Linux,
though... have to learn it)

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini
Tabuleiro