[theora-dev] VP3/QT: 3.2.6.1 is OK w/QT6

Eric M. Kidd Eric.M.Kidd at Dartmouth.EDU
Sat Jul 20 14:03:11 PDT 2002

--- Daniel B. Miller wrote:
Please, anyone who is working with VP3 codecs, get the new build as soon
as possible.  It's available through the normal cvs server at xiph.  see:

http://www.theora.org/cvs.html

take the latest build, 3.2.6.1
--- end of quote ---

I've run down through all of our QuickTime 6 bugs, and the VP3 source code in CVS appears to have a clean bill of health.  If there's an official set of 3.2.6.1 binaries somewhere, I'll ship those with our products instead of our patched 3.2.2.0 build.

Many thanks for all your help in sorting this out!

(Yesterday, I mistakenly assumed that the new 3.2.2.0 binaries on vp3.com were really 3.2.6.x binaries, because (a) they were fairly recent, (b) the VP3 QuickTime codecs have a lot of different version numbers, not all of which always match and (c) I was being fairly stupid.)

Once again, my thanks!

Sincerely,
Eric