[Theora-codecs] VP3 Codec Compilation Error experienced?

Ferdinand Ng ngxfer001 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 07:06:25 PST 2006

Hi Experts,

I have obtained install the VS 6, service pack 5 and processor pack. I have
also find a copy of iaxmm.inc from one of the post in your mail list during
google search. Now when I compiled, it gives me one error:

C:\Documents and Settings\ferdinandn\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\vp32\CoreLibs\CpuID\Win32\Wmt_CpuID.cpp(136) : error C2400:
inline assembler syntax error in 'opcode'; found 'xmm0'

The error area is in Wmt_CpuID.cpp where the code segment is:

int WillametteNewInstructionOSSupport()
{
 __try
 {
  __asm xorpd xmm0, xmm0                   // error error error error error
 }
 __except(EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER)
 {
  if(_exception_code())
  {
   return 0;
  }
  return 0;
 }
 return 1;
}

Since I am unfamilar with the ASM, I therefore have no idea what does it
means and how to solve it. Can someone please kindly help me out from this
problem. I have to solve this problem urgently, otherwise I will miss my
handin day for MSc thesis. Thank you very much for reading this e-mail.

Best Regards
Ferdinand