[Theora-codecs] The inline Assember does not recongnize the xmm0-7 registry.

Ferdinand Ng ngxfer001 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 01:15:01 PST 2006

Hi Experts,

I am using the VS6 with service pack 5. I have installed the processor pack
and include the iaxmm.inc. I experiences the following problem during
compilation.

The inline compiler didn't recongnize the registry XMM0~7. The other ASM
file which using the XMM0~7 registry is compiled perfectly. This means that
the inline compiler can not regonize the xmm0~7 at all. I am new to
assembler and inline assembler. I might setup wrongly. At current limited
knowledge, I can not think of any solution to solve this.

To illustrate the example more clearly, an error occur in the following code
segment.

int WillametteNewInstructionOSSupport()
{
 __try
 {
  __asm xorpd xmm0, xmm0   // ERROR
 }
 __except(EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER)
 {
  if(_exception_code())
  {
   return 0;
  }
  return 0;
 }
 return 1;
}

The error message is that:
C:\Documents and Settings\ferdinandn\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\vp32\CoreLibs\CpuID\Win32\Wmt_CpuID.cpp(136) : error C2400:
inline assembler syntax error in 'opcode'; found 'xmm0'

Can some one please give me some hint?? I am stuck for the whole weekend
>.<,

Thank you very much for reading this e-mail.

Best Regards
Ferdinand Ng