What about the QT6/scaling issue? (was Re: [theora-codecs]Callfor bugs and suggestions)

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at xiph.org
Tue Apr 29 20:03:51 PDT 2003

Yes, although some of the assembler mnemonics will have to change for a
"native" VStudio .Net version, without the iammx.inc stuff. For this release
I just used it as it is. I will ask Jack to setup a mirror when I am done
with the installers.

On the Mac, the assembler files for the libraries (dxv, vp3e, etc) do
compile under CW 8.3 (unlike in CW6-7). But the final codec crashes
sometimes when seeking and decompressing data. If you compile the exact same
files with CW 5.3 it produces slightly smaller object code, and when you use
these libraries with CW 8.3 you can produce a final codec that is good for
OSX and does not crash. But given the fact that we probably want to migrate
to Project Builder I believe the asm files will have to be ported anyway
sometime in the future, so I did not spend much time trying to figure it
out.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini

[theora-codecs]Callfor bugs and suggestions)

> ps Emmett is not maintaining the website anymore -- I guess you should
talk to Jack -dan