[Speex-dev] Using speex pre processor

Ankhit Vivekananda ankhit.vivekananda at biscotti.com
Thu Aug 20 16:06:50 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am a newbie and wanted to know if a speex preprocessor, such as a
DENOISE, can be used with other encoders such as AAC.

We are developing video cameras using speex codec for encoding and decoding
audio when placing calls. We also stream live audio/video files out of the
camera and use AAC encoder for that as the server that we stream to
supports only AAC. But, the noise level is high even when the environment
is quiet. Hence, would want to implement a de-noise preprocessor from speex
to do the same. Will speex pre-processor work when using different
encoders?

Please do let me know.

Thank you,
Ankhit