[Speex-dev] Building under MSVC & MinGW

Brendan Grant grantb at dahat.com
Sat Sep 20 11:44:58 PDT 2014

I am attempting to build the RC1 drop of libspeex for Windows with the MSVC toolchain (VS2013) and MinGW, the following is my configure line:

CC=cl.exe CFLAGS=-MD ./configure --enable-shared=no --prefix /builds/Windows81/x86 --host i686-pc-mingw32

During the configure process (specifically the "checking whether the C compiler works...") I get a Windows popup telling me that the test program cannot started because it is missing msvcr12_app.dll (which is ok given the way store apps work), and closing the error and the resulting crash dialog allows configure to complete seemingly normally.

When I kick off the make things appear to proceed along for a while with a linking failure at the end of:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'cb_search.obj'

Nothing really stands out about the building of cb_search.obj... other than the fact there are no obj files anywhere in the directory which makes me suspect that nothing at all was built, yet nothing in the attached big log screams to me as having those kinds of issues.

For note, this same MinGW+VS2013 environment and very similar args were able to configure & build libogg just fine earlier... so I'm left puzzled as to what could be wrong here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brendan