[Speex-dev] speex wideband and ogg question

Jakob Aagesen jakob.aagesen at mirsk.com
Tue Nov 25 17:12:35 UTC 2014

Hi
My name i Jakob Aagesen
I have a problem understanding the granual pos in the ogg header. I found a something that Selon Ralph Giles wrote to someone:

What speexenc does (Speex itself does not know about Ogg) is that it gives
packet N the granulepos "N*frame_size - lookahead". In the case of narrowband,
the first frame would have granulepos "1*160 - 80", so 80.

What is the look-ahead for wideband speex.
I have this speex-ogg file that seems to be playing for 4.9 sec but it is only 2.9 sec long:
This is a picture of the speex and ogg headers: can you see if the granual pos is wrong in these headers. I was told that the last one is wrong, but I don't know why.
I would appreciate any help on the matter.

[cid:image006.png at 01D008DA.9C207550]
[cid:image007.png at 01D008DA.9C207550]
[cid:image008.png at 01D008DA.9C207550]

Best Regards,

Jakob Aagesen
Senior Developer B.Sc

E-mail:  jakob.aagesen at mirsk.com
Mobile: (+45) 5059 9858

[mirsk_email_logo_icon]<http://www.mirsk.com/>

MIRSK
Sturlasgade 12 H
DK-2300 Copenhagen S
Denmark

[Round_05_fb]<http://www.facebook.com/Mirskdigital>[Round_05_in]<https://linkedin.com/MIRSKdigital>[Round_05_tweet]<https://twitter.com/MIRSKdigital>[Round_05_yt]<http://www.youtube.com/mirskdigital>

*Notice* This communication is from MIRSK Digital ApS. It contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). NOTE: This e-mail is from MIRSK Digital ApS and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy or disclose it to anyone else. If you are not an existing client of MIRSK Digital ApS, do not construe anything in this e-mail to make you a client unless it contains a specific statement to that effect and do not disclose anything to MIRSK Digital ApS in reply that you expect it to hold in confidence. If you properly received this e-mail as a client, co-counsel or retained expert of MIRSK Digital ApS, you should maintain its contents in confidence in order to preserve the work or product privilege that may be available to protect confidentiality.