[Speex-dev] why VAD modifies my voice data?

Anton Shpakovsky anton.shpakovsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 02:47:18 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using Speex Preprocessor to supress noise, eliminate echo etc.
But I have another preprocessor state that I want to use ONLY to determine
voice activity.

int res = speex_preprocess_run(m_VADOnly, (spx_int16_t *)
pStreamSampleBuffer);

pStreamSampleBuffer is modified after call to speex_preprocess_run.
I have manually turned off noise suppression and AGC but anyway - VAD
modifies my data.

Is there a solution? All I want is to know whether voice present or not.. I
do not need any voice modifications itself.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Anton