[Speex-dev] Playing captured speex frames

Vinod Panicker vinod.p at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:47:59 PDT 2011

Hi,

Searched far and wide for a solution to this problem but couldn't find anything.

I'm debugging a VoIP application that uses Speex and need to playback
the raw speex frames to verify the quality. Wireshark helped me save
the RTP payloads into a file but unfortunately, the speexdec utility
seems to be wanting a valid header at the start of the file without
which it reports an error.

Is there any app that will let me play the speex frames? Have even
tried Cain & Abel but that's not working either.

Regards,
Vinod.