[Speex-dev] stream encoded in big-endian machine and then decoded in little-endian machine

Allen Guan allenguan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 22:42:26 PST 2011

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

So at the receiver/decoder side, the decoded stream (I use
16bit/sample) is the same endian as the CPU of that machine?

I noticed the speex library has a compile switch to change the endian
of header information to make it always little-endian. When I encode
my stream, I just call the encoding function directly with the
correctly compiled speex library, right?

Thanks!

-Allen