[Speex-dev] Speex Usage

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:18:50 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 16:16, John Henry <jshenry1963 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I want to find something that will give me a much much
> lower bandwidth requirement than "fully uncompressed audio". I wrote
> my own quick compressor

Hi John,

I suggest you subscribe to the "Jitsi" users mailing list as a lot of Jitsi
developers hang in there.

Jitsi is a SIP VOIP, messaging and video-conferencing client
http://www.jitsi.org/

written in Java,with an active development community and they have plenty of
experience implementing audio codecs... I´m sure they´ll have plenty of
ideas.

Here´s the mailing list address (to send mail to, once subscribed) <
users at jitsi.java.net> ,  and here is the web page where you can subscribe to
it:

Hope this helps, and good luck!
FC