No subject

Sun Jun 6 23:52:00 PDT 2010

it was mentioned that echo cancellation will not work if the playback and
capture is done on 2 different soundcard. I would like to know whether this
is true. I trying to use Speex Echo Cancellation on capture audio from a
webcam mic with the playback through my onboard audio.

Based on what is mentioned in the troubleshooting guide, does this mean that
I would never be able to get the Echo Cancellation to work in my scenario?

For my testing, I was using an echo tail length of 100ms and frame size of
20ms. Using this setting, I found that the echo cancellation does work, but
it is too aggressive and cause the actual voice to get attentuation as well,
resulting in audio distortion that sounds like audio drop. Increase the echo
tail length to 120ms made the voice attentuation issue less severe, but
resulted in much of the echo remaining in the audio.

Does anyone have any advise on what I can look at and what parameters I can
tweak to try to improve the Speex Echo Cancellation performance? I already
using 1.2rc1. Thanks.

regards,

KS

--20cf3054a135b4ed0b049de79012

ing), it was mentioned that echo cancellation will not work if the playback=
 and capture is done on 2 different soundcard. I would like to know whether=
 this is true. I trying to use Speex Echo Cancellation on capture audio fro=
m a webcam mic with the playback through my onboard audio. </div>

n that I would never be able to get the Echo Cancellation to work in my sce=
nario?</div>
e of 20ms. Using this setting, I found that the echo cancellation does work=
, but it is too aggressive and cause the actual voice to get attentuation a=
s well, resulting in audio distortion that sounds like audio drop. Increase=
 the echo tail length to 120ms made the voice attentuation issue less sever=
e, but resulted in much of the echo remaining in the audio.</div>

I can tweak to try to improve the Speex Echo Cancellation performance? I al=
ready using 1.2rc1. Thanks.</div>

--20cf3054a135b4ed0b049de79012--