[Speex-dev] Oggs/ Speex check sum tool

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Wed Jan 27 14:38:17 PST 2010

2010/1/21 Saju Palayur <saju_pa at hotmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> Is there a tool to verify and fix the checksum in a Speex file.
> I have seen somewhere a tool like "hoog.."
> Were can I get it

Hogg is on hackage at:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hogg

(You will need ghc and cabal set up to install that).

Doing "hogg rip" of a file, without specifying which tracks to rip,
will rewrite all of its pages. The checksums will be corrected at the
same time.

more info about hogg at http://www.vergenet.net/~conrad/software/hogg/

2010/1/21 Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com>:

> You're likely looking for oggz-info and oggz-validate.

these will only report info about the file, but won't fix checksums.

In fact, they won't even see any pages that have an invalid checksum
(because libogg skips them).

Conrad.