[Speex-dev] problems with encoding speex

Thirumalesha DK thirumaleshkanive at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:06:23 PST 2010

Hi,

I have downloaded the speex1.2rc1 and am trying to develop my own
encoding and decoding applications on top of that. However, to start
with I have used the same sample applications provided in the manual
in the speex site. Since I am using th microsoft code *.wav files as
reference, have made modification the encoding application to skip the
wave header and the insert back the header in the decoder application.
However, if i encode the *.wav file with this application and then
later decode it i hear very bad noise instead of any audio.

I tried to encode and decode only with integers instead of float, then
also the same problem.

I changed the frame size from 160 as specified in the sample
application to 2000. Then the encoded file size also reduces
accordingly by a factor of 12. (note that 2000/16 is close to 12).

Is is possible for somebody to help understand what is going wrong.
Have also attached the sample encoder and decoder application