[Speex-dev] Small inexpensive SBC for Speex? How about the TIC5505

David Siebert david at eclipsecat.com
Fri Aug 13 09:01:42 PDT 2010

On 8/13/2010 8:08 AM, Body Sens wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> If cost is an issue then, yes you can do all that (the speex at least)
> with the eZDSP USB stick. Only limitation is a slow emulator that is
> integrated with USB, and so there is no JTAG output to use with other
> emulators. If you don't have an emulator anyway then this is an advantage.
>
> Cheers, M

My end goal is to create a small digital communication system for
motorcycles.
I found some 900Mhz ZigBee radios that offer a few mile range.
http://www.digi.com/products/wireless/point-multipoint/xbee-pro-xsc.jsp#overview
claim a six mile range with a dipole which should be good enough.
I will prototype everything on a PC to start with and start shrinking.
Add in an SDCard for some storage for MP3s and it could be a fun little
device.