[Speex-dev] Simple example of decoding streaming audio realtime?

Clifton Craig clifton.craig at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 13:45:18 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm new to Speex and a little uncomfortable in C programming. I'm looking for a simple example of how I'd use Speex to decode a speex file read off of an network stream and pass the decoded samples to an audio player. I have speex running in an iPhone project and I started digging thru the speexdec.c example trying to refactor as I made sense of the API calls. The example is a little cryptic and involved and I was wondering if there was a watered down version or if someone could whip one up for me. Thanx in advance!

Clifton Craig
Software Engineer
http://codeforfun.wordpress.com
clifton.craig at gmail.com