[Speex-dev] How to compile speex with XCode (for iPhone App)?

DevBandit at gmx.net DevBandit at gmx.net
Fri Apr 9 10:50:36 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use Speex on the iPhone but have some difficulties to get Speex compiled with XCode. Unfortunately I'm very new to XCode and it would be great if someone could give me a hint what the problem is.

Here is what I did in detail:

1. Downloaded the Source Code speex-1.2rc1.tar.gz from www.speex.org
2. Start Xcode 3.1.4
3. File > New Project ...
4. iPhone OS > Application > View-based Application > Save as "Speex iPhone Test"
5. Righ-Click the project file in the Xcode left hand pane > Add > Existing Files ...
6. Select folder Downloads > speex-1.2rc1 > include > speex and
   select folder Downloads > speex-1.2rc1 > libspeex
   select file Downloads > speex-1.2rc1 > config.h.in
   click button "Add"
7. Selected "Copy items into destination group's folder (if needed), click "Add"
8. Rename config.h.in to config.h (or should I use a different "config.h"?)
9. Double click the project file in Xcode's left hand pane
10. Change value of setting "Header Search Paths" to "**"
10. Choose "Add User-Defined Settin" from the * menu at the bottom
11. Setting: GCC_PREPROCESSOR_DEFINITIONS, Value: HAVE_CONFIG_H

---> If I now choose "Build > Build" from the Xcode menu I get 30 warnings and 155 errors.
Most of the errors are
error: expected '=',',',';','asm' or '__attribute__' before 'void'
or
error: #error You now need to define either FIXED_POINT or FLOATING_POINT

Any idea which settings I have to change in order to get the speex code compiled?

I would really appreciate any help.

Many thanks & regards,
Nils