[Speex-dev] Quality vs. Bitrate vs. Complexity

Randy Yates yates at ieee.org
Fri Apr 2 18:20:07 PDT 2010

If I understand these terms correctly, you cannot specify simultaneously
all three, e.g., high quality, low bitrate, and low complexity.

It seems that specifying any two implies the third.  For example,
specifying a high quality and low bitrate will necessarily require a
high complexity.

Am I correct? If not, can someone please explain how these parameters
interact?
--
Randy Yates                      % "Maybe one day I'll feel her cold embrace,
Digital Signal Labs              %                    and kiss her interface,