[Speex-dev] New to list -- glennrp

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Sat Oct 17 20:50:04 PDT 2009

Glenn Randers-Pehrson a écrit :
>> Are you aware of the discussions about a codec working group, and will
>> you be coming to the next IETF meeting (Hiroshima, Nov 8-13)?
>
> No, I wasn't, and no, I won't be attending.

It's also possible to attend virtually using Jabber and a live audio stream.

>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-valin-codec-guidelines-00
>
> I've had a look at that.  One thing that jumped out at me was the
> requirement to use the BSD license, which some people might
> find overly restrictive.  Perhaps it would be better to just require
> an OSI-approved open source license.

The BSD license requirement is actually a requirement of the IETF itself
for any code that is part of an RFC (as specified in BCP 78). The idea
is that if there's any reference code, it should be usable by anyone. In
any case, it's nothing specific to what we're proposing to do.

Cheers,