[Speex-dev] New to list -- glennrp

Glenn Randers-Pehrson glennrp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 07:47:15 PDT 2009

Hello, speexers.

I'm new to the list and new to audio compression. I've been asked to
look into creating a digital archive of 20-minute speeches (sermons)
and speex seems to be what I need.

My experience is in image compression; I shepherded gzip, deflate, zlib,
and png through the IETF process, put "image/png" through
the IANA registration process, and I maintain several projects
at SourceForge (libpng, pngcrush, imagemagick, etc.) and could
help out in any of those areas if you like.

BTW I was gratified to note that the Speex parrot is in PNG format  #:-)

Glenn R-P