[Speex-dev] Hello to list, my podcast, two supported players

s s at deepgeek.us
Fri Oct 2 05:26:17 PDT 2009

Hi,

I just wanted to say hello to the list.

I am a podcaster, my stage name is "DeepGeek" and I do a
podcast where "I give my take on all things geeky" at
www.talkgeektome.us. I will be putting out my next few
shows in .spx format as well as ogg and mp3. Testing the
waters, and if the speex community embraces my audio files,
I will make a RSS feed and archive.

I gotta thank you developers, as a podcaster, I can
typically get 1mb/minute and can squeeze 3mb/minute out of
ogg.  I am amazed at getting one-tenth-mb/minute out of
speex. This, reduced bandwidth and reduced storage, I find
it quite heady.

Lastly, is the webmaster here? I found that the players
"ogg123" in the Debian "vorbis-tools" package as well as a
player called "Aqualung" support speex, yet they are not
mentioned on the software page.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all check out my show,

yours,
---
Deepgeek
www.talkgeektome.us