[Speex-dev] Speex on TMS320F28015

Kumar Vply kumarvply at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 23:49:20 PST 2009

Hi,

We are porting speex to TI DSP TMS320F28015 for a demo application.
We have used the following configurations - fixed point, complexity 1, 8KHz sampling etc..

While testing on the F28xx cycle accurate simulator,we are seeing a performance of 43,00000 cycles while calling the nb_encode () function. This is 43 msec for encoding a frame, if we consider a 100MHz CPU.

Is this performance justified? Has anyone tried speex on F28xx platform and got better performance? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Kumar