[Speex-dev] AEC initial convergence

Mark Pietras mpietras at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 11:13:43 PST 2009

I'm wondering if there's a way to speed up the initial convergence time.  Maybe I'm completely off base here, but specifically I was wondering if the code starts the search assuming the echo is near to zero, and works longer to find the adapted point.  If so, is there a way to have it reverse the search, that is, start with the assumption that the echo is furthest from zero?  In my case, the echo will almost certainly always be pretty far out in the window... I'm sure my terminology isn't right, but does my question make sense?  Thanks, Mark.