[Speex-dev] iPhone arm optimizations

ben levitt benjie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:52:45 PDT 2009

I'm trying out speex on the iPhone, and it seems to work great!

But I'm trying to do speex encoding at the same time as a bunch of
animation, and I'm just barely keeping it realtime.

To give myself some head room, I'd like to try to get the arm
optimizations compiled in.  But I haven't had success.  Before I list
off all the things I've tried, has anyone gotten this to work?  Or do
we need a separate set of assembly optimized for a newer arm chip than
5e?  I haven't learned much about arm asm yet..

(And if in my search, I missed a previous post explaining this, I apologize.)

Thanks very much!
Ben