[Speex-dev] Delay in decoder/playback

Wouter Dhondt wouter.dhondt at vsk.be
Mon Mar 23 02:32:16 PDT 2009

Hello.

I'm encountering a strange delay problem when decoding and playing the
audio. It seems that the time it takes to play the complete buffer is
somewhat larger than the time of the original audio sample. E.g. it
looks like playing a buffer takes 21 ms while the encoded data is only
20 ms. The result is an increasing delay in playback. There is no
noticeable delay between 2 decoded audio packets, so we don't play 20ms,
and wait 1 ms before playing the next. The actual playing takes longer
than it should. We are using SDL to play the audio.

Has anyone seen this before? How can we fix this?