[Speex-dev] A technical question about the speex preprocessor.

John Ridges jridges at masque.com
Wed Jul 22 08:33:37 PDT 2009

Thanks for the confirmation  Jean-Marc. I kind of suspected from the
comments that it was the confluent hypergoemetric function, which I was
trying to evaluate using Kummer's equation, namely:

M(a;b;x) is the sum from n=0 to infinity of (a)n*x^n / (b)n*n!
where (a)n = a(a+1)(a+2) ... (a+n-1)

But when I use Kummer's equation, I don't get the values in the
"hypergeom_gain" table. Did you use a different solution to the
confluent hypergoemetric function when you created the table?

John Ridges