[Speex-dev] error

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Mon Jan 19 21:49:43 PST 2009

Theofrastos Mantadelis wrote:

> I'm trying to compile linphone 3.0.0 in Ubuntu
> And I'm getting the following compilation error.
> I somewhere read that the fault happens because of the gcc 4.3.2 that
> debian based linux uses.
> Is there any solution (except downgrading gcc)

Downgrading gcc only sweeps the problem under the carpet, it
does not fix the problem.

> msconf.c:27:36: error: speex/speex_preprocess.h: No such file or
> directory

On Debian/Ubuntu systems :

    sudo apt-get install apt-file
    sudo apt-file update

then:

    apt-file search speex_preprocess.h

will tell you that the file you are looking for is in the libspeexdsp-dev
package.

Apt-file is a very useful program.

Erik