[Speex-dev] how to fix high freq noise?

Jason Hennigar jhennigar at pantelintl.com
Thu Jan 8 07:47:00 PST 2009

Hi Jean-Marc,

Thanks for the quick response! I am resending this mail hopefully in
plain text.

The following three version have been tried and all of them have the
high frequency tones.

speex-svn-14525
speex-1.2rc
speex-svn-15540

I've isolated this down to the Speex encode/decode by sending silence
(i.e. all zeros) to the encoder and displaying the decoder output in
addition to recording the audio. The ALSA functionality that I am using
to receive and transmit audio is not introducing the problem as it works
correctly when I remove Speex. The problem occurs both on the Blackfin
537 Stamp board with the AD1836 audio daughter card and with our own 537
hardware.

The build configuration settings that I am using are as follows:
    --without-ogg
    --without-ogg-libraries
    --without-ogg-includes
    --disable-oggtest