[Speex-dev] Use Speex on embedded ARM-device...

Tobias Erichsen t.erichsen at gmx.de
Wed Feb 4 09:29:18 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking into using speex in an embedded project
using an ST ARM-device (STR9 family) just with internal
memory (96kbyte) and no O/S.

Does anyone know if the optimizations included in the code
for ARMv4 and ARMv5e are appliable to this device?

I would also need to strip down libspeex pretty hard to fit
into the available memory.

I just want to use a fixed bitrate of 6000 and no wideband.
Can anyone give me some more hints what kind of tables I
could strip to leave the memory-print even smaller?

I was thinking about changing the code with some kind of
pre-processor-directives to deactivate certain bitrates
and to provide that code back to the general public...

Best regards,
Tobias