[Speex-dev] Fixed Point Perfomance

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Thu Sep 18 11:27:20 PDT 2008

Ilya,

Speex has been implemented on many different fixed point platforms, and the
MIPs requirement will be very different depending on the architecture of the
platform and the quality of the C compiler.  10 mflops could translate to 15
MIPs, or to 150 MIPs.  There is no general answer.  If there is a specific
part that you are considering, then ask about user experiences with that
part.

Memory requirements can be a bigger issue than MIPs, and this will vary also
depending on the modes that you wish to use.  You can look through the Speex
mailing list archive for more information.

- Jim