[Speex-dev] CELT 0.5.0 is out

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Thu Oct 16 02:36:14 PDT 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> Diana Cionoiu a écrit :
>> Hi Jean-Marc,
>>
>> 1. Why CELT versus Speex?
>
> There's nearly no overlap between Speex and CELT. CELT is much higher
> quality, very low latency, and of course, higher bit-rate than Speex. So
> it really depends on the application.
>
>> 2. What's the RTP payload for CELT, so we can add it in Yate?
>> 3. What are the SDP declaration parameters?
>
> None of that is defined yet, though I'm open to suggestions on how to do
> the mapping.

CELT/44100 and CELT/48000
a=fmtp:105 stereo=on

probably a latency value?

"CELT" doesn't seems to be used for any other existing audio related
stuff? right?

I didn't read fully the doc...

One question for you Jean-Marc: can you confirm that the decoder
will receive enough information to autoconfigure itself when receiving
RTP streams? One documentation sentence seems to not go in that
direction while it's a requirement for VoIP and mainly for SIP
negotiation.

tks
Aymeric