[Speex-dev] VS2005 build stability?

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Thu Oct 2 20:15:05 PDT 2008

David Hogan a écrit :
> That said, we don't use the supplied project. We simply compile in
> the speex .c files. You could easily replace the Win32 build files
> with a readme showing which .c files NOT include in your project
> file.
>
> If you'd like, I'd be happy to produce a readme file on how to make a
> VC project file for speex. Although this approach would require a
> small amount of effort by each user, it would be resistant to being
> made obsolete by either new .c files or a new compiler release, and
> could be maintained by the same person maintaining the autoconf build
> system.

So far, it seems like the most sensible idea I've heard on that topic.
It probably wouldn't be hard to have a small script that produces an
exact list of files from the autotools files. Another advantage is that
those who can't figure out how to create a project from these
instructions probably shouldn't be using Speex to begin with :-)