[Speex-dev] VS2005 build stability?

David Hogan david.hogan at freshtel.net
Thu Oct 2 19:44:47 PDT 2008

> Is is possible to have makefiles, batchfiles, whatever that just calls
> the command-line compilers and doesn't require this huge amount of
> per-compiler-version crap? Otherwise, I'm seriously considering removing
> all those project files from the build since time has proven there's
> just no way to get them up-to-date.

It would actually be fine to just maintain the VC2003 (or possibly older) VC project file (and only the project file is needed). All newer VC versions will happily upgrade an older project if you try to open it.

That said, we don't use the supplied project. We simply compile in the speex .c files. You could easily replace the Win32 build files with a readme showing which .c files NOT include in your project file.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to produce a readme file on how to make a VC project file for speex. Although this approach would require a small amount of effort by each user, it would be resistant to being made obsolete by either new .c files or a new compiler release, and could be maintained by the same person maintaining the autoconf build system.

Cheers,
Dave