[Speex-dev] Speex DSP porting

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Thu Nov 27 16:47:55 PST 2008

Horia Pop a écrit :
> I am considering using SPEEX on an embedded processor that is in fact
> a DSP with fixed point
> 24 bit resolution. This DSP is named ‘Kalimba’ and is present in
> CSR’s product:
> BLUECORE5.
> I’m very interested if anybody can tell me if porting is possible (in
> fact if there are sufficient resources) for implementing a real-time
> encoding-decoding (duplex). I’m interested in 4kbps bitrate.

Speex requires at *least* a 16x16 multiplier and a 32-bit adder, so your
chip meets the requirement for that (you just won't benefit from the
24-bit multiplier unless you do a separate port to that). The only
question is whether it's fast enough and there's no way I can answer
that with the spec you just gave.

Cheers,