[Speex-dev] Lost packets during transmission

Uri Rattner urira at essencesecurity.com
Wed Nov 26 01:02:49 PST 2008

Hi,

I was wonder how Speex handles (if at all ) lost packets when decoding
the bit-stream .

1.       Does Speex has any mechanism to handle lost packets (like AMR
has for example)?

2.       I  am using Speex in a constant frame size (160 bytes),
narrowband, VBR off,  SPEEX_SET_QUALITY  = 3  and   SPEEX_SET_COMPLEXITY
=1 .

I encode speech stream and sending the encoded packets to the their
destination.

If I am loosing  4 continuous frames during the transmission , what can
I expect to hear? noise ? quiet ? echo ?

Can anyone help me with this issues ?

Regards,

Uri Rattner