[Speex-dev] Porting Speex to embedded 32bit

Pietro Maggi studiomaggi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 01:27:52 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:20 AM, zohar fox <zohar.fox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Speex developers
>
> I am going to port Speex on LPC2368
> I tested Speex encoding and the mesurments shows ~40ms cpu time for one
> frame
>
> Do you know who ported speex to NXP or other 32bit platform?

Hi Zohar,
I've done some test month ago on a AT91SAM7S (ARM7TDMI) at 54MHz and
speex was too heavy load for my needs (again a 20ms frame in about
40ms without any optimization).
But on a speedier ARM it can be done. ST has just released a port of
speex for the STM32 (Cortex-M3 at 72MHz):
http://www.st.com/mcu/forums-cat-7517-23.html

Not looked in the source but IIRC the docs talks about Narrowband,
Wideband, UltraWideband, Echo cancellation, VAD, etc.

best regards
Pietro