[Speex-dev] MKL Patch

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Tue May 27 16:13:05 PDT 2008

> Yes, MKL is commercial software and you do need to pay for it, but
> unlike FFTW it's not GPL. FFTW is useless for any closed-source program
> that wishes to use Speex, so this is the non-GPL alternative.

Considering that FFTW also sells licenses for non-GPL use, I tend to
prefer the FFTW licensing over MKL. Note that GPL doesn't mean
non-commercial. When RedHat sells a Linux CD, it's commercial although
there's lots of GPL software included. In any case, since there's
probably people who want MKL, I'll probably merge that too after I can
have a look at it.

Cheers,