[Speex-dev] SPEEX bitrate configuration

Alejandro Cabrera Obed acabrera at sintys.gov.ar
Fri Mar 28 11:31:48 PDT 2008

Dear list, I have an Asterisk 1.4 SIP server and several voip clients in
my LAN using Twinkle 0.9-6 and X-Lite, talking among them. I see the
following features and I have the corresponding questions:

1) X-Lite 3.0 have SPEEX codec support but only for 14Kbps to 23Kbps
bitrates. Can I set a lower bitrate here, i.e. 8Kbps ???

2) Twinkle has SPEEX support too, and I think it's more manageable
because I see more configuration options, I have this: "VAD with Narrow
band payload type = 97". What can I know the bitrate configured for this
codec here ???

Thanks a lot !!!

Alejandro