[Speex-dev] How many RAM Speex need??

Jim Crichton jim.crichton at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 08:44:39 PDT 2008

I use Speex on a C5509A DSP, which has 256k bytes of RAM for code and data.
Speex fits very comfortably in less than half of this memory.  However, I do
not have room for the echo canceller code in my overall application.  In
your case, with the large Flash, the code space should not be a problem.
However, I believe that you will need wait states to run from Flash, so
performance could be an issue.

You should be able to move a few critical routines into internal RAM and run
everything else from Flash, and run all that you need on this platform.  It
will take some experimentation, though, to work out what needs to be moved
to faster memory.  Hopefully, you can sort that out in the TI simulator.

- Jim