[Speex-dev] How many RAM Speex need??

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Thu Mar 27 08:10:18 PDT 2008

Jean-Marc Valin escreveu:
>> My name is Vasily.
>> I am a software developer from Ukrane, and i am going to use Speex on
>> TMS320F28335 DSP-controller wich has only 68KB of RAM.
>
> Assuming you've got ROM to hold the code/constants and that RAM is only
> used for variables, then 68 kB should probably be enough.

I am concerned if the TMS320F28335 as a whole can handle speex:
16 bits, 150MHz, dual MAC, floating point
512kbytes Flash, 68kbytes RAM, with DMA
Digikey $26/100 to $30/1, not available, Mouser same$, available

Or even the TMS320F28235:
almost the same, no floating point, $3 less

Tools $500, starter kit not available

It is a very interesting *all-in-one solution*...

thanks for any comment,
Alain